Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Richard in Cincy||
Have they declared suicide? The last sources I looked at...
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #30334 at 1:15 am on Jun 9, 2018
did not say cause of death and suicide was only speculated.
I toasted Mr. Bourdain last month during my trip to NYC when I finally made it to the Heidelberg on the Upper East Side. He just went off on this place.
And I finally had real German food in an American German restaurant. This had never happened before in all my travels (an I am casting evil eyes at you Fredericksburg, Texas and your foul excuses of German cuisine--hey let's douse it in vinegar!!! That's German!!!).
We toasted Anthony Bourdain with our liter steins of beer for guiding us to this place. And what a line-up of German beers they have on draught!!!
I searched for the video of his show at the Heidelberg, there was even a link on their web site to it, and it is now gone!!!, and I cannot find it anywhere.
Anyway, if you want to visit Munich for a few hours while visiting Gotham City, go the Heidelberg. It may have been formerly a Palatinate-Baden (the German country where Heidelberg was located in those days) restaurant when it opened in 1909, but it is now a full-blown 19th Century Kingdom of Bavaria (the old titles before the German Empire was formed) restaurant.
Go visit before they are gone. Glaser's, the last of the three German shops left in the old Manhattan German town where the Heidelberg is located closed on June 1. So sad.
And do order the Full-Bavarian Schweinshax'n with a liter of one of their amazing beers on draught. Authentic.
Other messages in this thread:
- 30334. R.I.P. Anthony Bourdain [NT] - Michael in Sarasota - 12:17pm on 06/08/18 (14)
- So sad. [NT] - barb_b - 12:29pm on 06/08/18
- A tremendous loss to the world. [NT] [LINK] - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 1:05pm on 06/08/18
- Nightly news says there will be more celebrity suicides [NT] - colleenmomof2 - 2:24pm on 06/08/18
- So tragic! I remember reading Kitchen Confidential and not being a big fan of him - LisainLA - 2:36pm on 06/08/18
- A lot of it has to do with the drugs they are prescribed by their doctors. There are many side - KarenNoCA - 2:58pm on 06/08/18
- Sad even just the number of people feeling that they need chemical help. [NT] - Marg CDN2 - 5:36pm on 06/08/18
- Whoa, whoa, whoa. For many people with clinical depression, chemical help is a godsend. - ErininNY - 5:31pm on 06/09/18
- Yes, better living through chemistry. Dealing with depression is not easy, no matter - LisainLA - 10:39pm on 06/09/18
- I was referring to the NEED; that, to me is what is saddening. Not how or if it is treated. I know - Marg CDN2 - 3:28am on 06/10/18
- I think there is also less stigma attached to mental illness, so more folks - LisainLA - 3:33pm on 06/10/18
- After I read his book, I wanted to eat sushi with him. Couldn't ever keep up with his drinking... - Michael in Phoenix - 6:17pm on 06/08/18
- Have they declared suicide? The last sources I looked at... [LINK] [IMAGE] - Richard in Cincy - 1:15am on 06/09/18
- Sadly, it was suicide. [NT] - LisainLA - 10:41pm on 06/09/18
- The French toxicology report is still due, which should shed some light... - ErininNY - 12:02am on 06/12/18