Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Richard in Cincy||
I was on the northern coast of Ohio last weekend
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #30314 at 1:38 am on Jun 9, 2018
(I live on the southern coast as we call it: The Ohio River) to attend the funeral of a dear friend's father. We stopped off at his mom's several times and I toured her garden. There, to my wondering eyes, she had a huge patch of milkweed. A weed where I grew up. I saw the milkweed and said, "That looks like milkweed!"
Yes, it was, and Mom said the butterflies love it!!!
So I guess next time I go out the homeland to visit my brother, I need to dig up some milkweed. And I'll add ironweed and mayapples that everyone seems to be growing now in their butterfly gardens.
Other messages in this thread:
- 30314. Butterfly flowers/garden to keep my veggies happy. [IMAGE] - MariaDNoCA - 3:45am on 05/31/18 (7)
- Gorgeous! [NT] - Michael in Phoenix - 4:22am on 05/31/18
- Beautiful! - deb-in-MI - 11:03am on 05/31/18
- Fabulous! - judy-mass - 12:40pm on 05/31/18
- It's an ominous fate for the Monarchs isn't it? I hope more people like you help out. [NT] - Marg CDN2 - 5:45am on 06/01/18
- Get a butterfly bush. It will come back every year. Zinnias are a cheery little annual that they - Charley - 2:59pm on 06/02/18
- I was on the northern coast of Ohio last weekend - Richard in Cincy - 1:38am on 06/09/18
- Milkweed is the only plant Monarch butterflies lay their eggs! Nectar plants to so they can feed. [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 3:13am on 07/27/18