Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Richard in Cincy||
Do try it...
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #30305 at 2:16 am on Jun 9, 2018
After my last failure, I thought, how hard is this since the pioneers making this bread didn't have heat pads, yogurt warmers, and ovens that one could program at 95F (mine only goes to 120F), etc.
It was a hot day. I put the starter outside and it just bloomed.. Under temperature just takes a little more time. Same with the pioneers. My failures were too hot. Good luck!
Other messages in this thread:
- 30305. More on salt-rising bread starters... - Richard in Cincy - 4:51pm on 05/27/18 (11)
- I'll be interested in hearing your results. - judy-mass - 6:02pm on 05/27/18
- Interested in the results too. And it is only 70 degrees in my house today. Raining. [NT] - CathyZ from Kauai - 9:37pm on 05/27/18
- SUCCESS!!!! - Richard in Cincy - 4:15pm on 05/28/18
- Yay! [NT] - Melissa Dallas - 12:49am on 05/29/18
- Update on Mission 'Salt Rising Bread' - Richard in Cincy - 8:27pm on 05/29/18
- Salt-Rising Bread Photos. [LINK] - Richard in Cincy - 2:24am on 05/30/18
- You are a scientist! [NT] - Anna_X - 3:37am on 05/30/18
- This looks amazing, Richard! [NT] - Lana in FL - 9:32pm on 05/31/18
- I am hoping to visit my mother in July and make some bread, perhaps it will - Heather_in_SF - 10:40pm on 05/31/18
- Do try it... - Richard in Cincy - 2:16am on 06/09/18
- It's so funny, when mom moved up there she used to make sourdough from my starter - Heather_in_SF - 6:56pm on 06/21/18