Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Good grief...this is delicious! Like an intense strawberry ice cream. Center is a tad
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #30336 at 3:37 pm on Jun 9, 2018
too soft: I made so much batter I had to use a 10" springform pan and haven't done that for a while. So my basic cheesecake test of "dull edges, 2" shiny middle" wasn't spot on this time. A skinny slice drooped at the very tip once plated.
[** I wonder if more egg yolks would have solved that problem?]
Otherwise, this sucker is yummy. The strawberry flavor soars over the cream cheese and condensed milk profiles.
Too soft to give away slices for library...I think I'll churn the baked filling in my electric ice cream maker and then hand-fold in the baked graham cracker crust. That way I can just store and scoop out servings.
** I will never know the answer to this because I will never be able to replicate this recipe.
Jesus saves. Buddha recycles.
Other messages in this thread:
- 30336. The **Not Even If You Put A Gun To My Head** Strawberry Cheesecake Recipe - MarilynFL - 11:08pm on 06/08/18 (8)
- I totally understand since this is me... - Richard in Cincy - 12:04am on 06/09/18
- You guys are so much fun and so inspiring. Love it. [NT] - KarenNoCA - 2:10am on 06/10/18
- You’ve totally been peeking in my fridge!!! [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 1:07am on 06/09/18
- Good grief...this is delicious! Like an intense strawberry ice cream. Center is a tad - MarilynFL - 3:37pm on 06/09/18
- I LOVE this! I can picture this pie/cheesecake getting bigger, and bigger, and bigger... [NT] - LisainLA - 1:58am on 06/10/18
- Yum! I can just about taste your ice cream ;) - colleenmomof2 - 3:10am on 06/10/18
- Marilyn, you could write a book, no recipes, just your inventive titles for recipes. [NT] - Marg CDN2 - 7:14pm on 06/11/18
- I don't know what you will call that, but it sounds fantastic! - Heather_in_SF - 5:49pm on 06/14/18