Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
something else to consider is the letting it sit part
Joined: Dec 31, 1969
Posted to Thread #30340 at 5:24 pm on Jun 11, 2018
I will make a fresh sauce two ways. The first is how I learned it and that is starting early in the morning and then letting it simmer all day and the larger chunks of tomatoes, peppers and onions slowly break down and release their awesomeness in a magical gastronomical alchemy. The other is when I need a quicker option which will involve my stick blender.
I have noticed that in the latter case if I've made extra, some of the water content will separate after a day or two while I won't see that with the former or just minimally in comparison.
Other messages in this thread:
- 30340. Help with my spaghetti sauce - oli - 1:59am on 06/11/18 (15)
- Simmer it and let the water evaporate until it is the desired thickness - LisainLA - 4:16am on 06/11/18
- Agree with Lisa. I see the recipe calls for simmering 3 or more hours, partially covered. [NT] [LINK] - Curious1 - 1:59pm on 06/11/18
- I will simmer it again - oli - 2:45pm on 06/11/18
- Wow. Hard to believe it isn't thick enough at that point, but.... simmer some more. [NT] - Charley - 2:54pm on 06/11/18
- Too much liquid in the recipe for sure. - CathyZ from Kauai - 4:07pm on 06/11/18
- Good hints [NT] - oli - 5:34pm on 06/11/18
- Also, this is a big recipe; for faster reduction you might want to simmer down. . . - mistral - 4:50pm on 06/11/18
- Thanks, for your hints. [NT] - oli - 5:38pm on 06/11/18
- something else to consider is the letting it sit part - pmassell_93 - 5:24pm on 06/11/18
- I almost always use a 28 oz can of tomato puree and the same size crushed tomatoes plus - MarilynFL - 6:04pm on 06/11/18
- WhenI went to liquefy the tomatoes it was so watery it leaked partially out of my cuisinart. [NT] - oli - 3:14am on 06/12/18
- Re=reading your ingredients and not having the instructions, I wonder if you weren't supposed to - Charley - 11:53am on 06/13/18
- Charley, do you read this as to liquidify or not to liquidify whole tomatoes, you might be correct? - oli - 2:34pm on 06/14/18
- Oldest Ds has declared His Sauce much better than Mom's ;( - colleenmomof2 - 1:46pm on 06/16/18
- I am not sure I understand, but if you think you might have a better recipe. I would like to hear ab - oli - 11:57pm on 06/16/18