Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Some appetizer RECs that I've been meaning to post:
Joined: Mar 10, 2006
Posted to Thread #30347 at 1:41 pm on Jun 14, 2018
I have a catering client who loves, Loves, LOVES olives. He definitely wanted a copy of the following recipe==>
TONI'S MARINATED OLIVES
Gourmet--April 1999--Rutherford Grill, Napa Valley, CA
Yield: Makes about 4-1/2 cups
•1/2 cup fresh tarragon leaves
•1/4 cup fresh thyme leaves
•5 flat anchovy fillets (I used anchovy paste.)
•2 cups drained brine-cured black olives such as Kalamata and/or Niçoise
•2 cups drained brine-cured green olives such as picholine
•1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
•1/2 cup thinly sliced fennel bulb (sometimes called anise)
•1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
•2 tablespoons minced onion
•2 tablespoons minced garlic
•1 tablespoon anise seeds
•2 teaspoons fennel seeds
•2 teaspoons dried basil, crumbled
•1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
•2 to 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
Chop tarragon and thyme and mince anchovies. In a deep bowl stir together all ingredients except vinegar. Marinate olive mixture, covered and chilled, stirring occasionally, at least 6 hours and up to 3 days. Bring olive mixture to room temperature before proceeding.
To serve olives, transfer to a bowl with a slotted spoon and drizzle with vinegar to taste.
SALSA SHRIMP DIP--Recipe from Ali Crimmons
1 pound boiled shrimp
4 limes--juice only
1 cup vegetable oil
1 large purple onion, diced
16-oz jar stuffed green olives, drained & diced
2 large tomatoes, diced
1/4 cup olive oil
2 jalapeno peppers, diced
Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
Cayenne pepper, to taste
Chop shrimp coarsely. Marinate all ingredients in covered bowl for 24 hours. Drain marinade before serving. Serve with nacho chips.
JALAPENO POPPER WONTON BITES
12 slices fully cooked bacon
1 container (8 ounces) spicy jalapeno cream cheese
1/2 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 cup finely shredded Mexican cheese blend
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Nonstick cooking spray
24 wonton wrappers
1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
Thinly sliced jalapeno peppers (optional)
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare bacon; cool and crumble.
2) In large bowl with rubber spatula, fold cream cheeses, cheese blend, garlic powder, black pepper and crumbled bacon until well blended.
3) Spray mini muffin tin(s) with nonstick cooking spray; line each cup with 1 wonton wrapper. Spoon about 1 heaping tablespoon cream cheese mixture into each wrapper; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
4) Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until wontons are crispy and golden and filling is heated through. Top with jalapeno pepper slices, if desires. Makes 24 bites.
BUFFALO-RANCH CHICKEN WONTON BITES
3 cups finely chopped rotisserie chicken meat
3/4 cup finely chopped celery
1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
1/2 cup finely grated carrot
1 garlic clove, crushed with press or side of large knife
1/2 cup buffalo wing sauce
1/2 cup ranch dressing
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Nonstick cooking spray
36 wonton wrappers
Thinly sliced green onion for garnish (optional)
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In large bowl, toss chicken, celery, blue cheese and carrot.
2) In medium bowl, with spatula, fold garlic, buffalo wing sauce, ranch dressing, salt and pepper until well combined; fold in chicken mixture.
3) Spray mini muffin tin(s) with nonstick cooking spray; line each cup with 1 wonton wrapper. Spoon about 1 heaping tablespoon chicken mixture into each wrapper.
4) Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until wonton edges are crispy and golden brown and filling is heated through. Garnish with green onions, if desired. Makes 36 bites.
Other messages in this thread:
- 30347. Some appetizer RECs that I've been meaning to post: [LINK] - wigs - 1:41pm on 06/14/18 (3)
- Thanks Wigs! [NT] [LINK] - deb-in-MI - 4:08pm on 06/14/18
- Thank you - I love olives as well. They all look good. [NT] - emtd - 1:34am on 06/15/18
- These are appetizers I made 4 Xmas parties over the past 3 yrs; not all were served at the same - wigs - 1:25pm on 06/17/18