Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
I think I should post this chermoula recipe. Wow! it works. I make it to the exact recipe.
Joined: Oct 13, 2010
Posted to Thread #30345 at 6:32 pm on Jun 14, 2018
Makes about 1 cup
3/4 teaspoon coriander seeds
3/4 teaspoon cumin seeds
2 garlic cloves
3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4–1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 cup (packed) cilantro leaves with tender stems
1 cup (packed) parsley leaves with tender stems
1/2 cup (packed) mint leaves
Toast coriander and cumin seeds in a dry small skillet, tossing occasionally, until very fragrant, about 2 minutes. Let cool, then lightly crush with a heavy skillet.
Purée toasted seeds, garlic, oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, paprika, salt, and red pepper flakes in a blender until spices are ground and mixture is very smooth.
Add cilantro, parsley, and mint; process until well combined but slightly textured.
Sauce can be made 3 days ahead; chill in an airtight container.
Other messages in this thread:
- 30345. Don't want to be boring, but...rump roast. Is there a way to make it somewhat enjoyable? [LINK] - Marg CDN2 - 3:41am on 06/13/18 (15)
- You could sous vide it and have a lovely rare roast which sliced thin would be nice. You can - Charley - 11:49am on 06/13/18
- If I remember correctly, rump is tough and fatty and works best with braising [LINK] - KarenNoCA - 1:53pm on 06/13/18
- Yes, you need a nice long braise until you can stick a fork in it, and then that - Heather_in_SF - 5:42pm on 06/14/18
- Makes great sauerbraten [NT] - Melissa Dallas - 6:04pm on 06/13/18
- That was our *Sunday after payday* meal...I loved it, but never realized how overcooked it - MarilynFL - 7:29pm on 06/13/18
- I will mention sous vide again realizing that not everyone has one. But it has the ability - Charley - 9:02pm on 06/13/18
- Thank you. I'll be brave and do something. Maybe sauerbraten. This meat has not 1 speck of fat. Mayb - Marg CDN2 - 6:21pm on 06/14/18
- I think I should post this chermoula recipe. Wow! it works. I make it to the exact recipe. - Marg CDN2 - 6:32pm on 06/14/18
- Oh my gosh, I have EVERYTHING listed, except smoked paprika which I have bought and given - MarilynFL - 6:44pm on 06/14/18
- I believe it is Moroccan. So the paprika is typically Spanish. Use the unsmoked - Marg CDN2 - 7:07pm on 06/14/18
- I just recalled that what I don't like about some smoked p is that the smell of the - Marg CDN2 - 7:51pm on 06/14/18
- colleen shared a sample of Penzey's 4/S spice blend which has some smoked paprika. - MarilynFL - 9:29pm on 06/14/18
- Marilyn shared, too - but you all know that ;) [NT] - colleenmomof2 - 1:25pm on 06/16/18
- I hate smoked paprika, but went to a Moroccan restaurant last night and had it with - CynUpstateNY - 11:09am on 06/15/18
- There are different kinds--sweet, bittersweet and hot. Maybe you have had - Charley - 11:16am on 06/15/18