Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
The night is no friend....
Joined: Jan 11, 2007
Posted to Thread #30338 at 3:52 pm on Jun 16, 2018
Man, every time I've been tempted to do something drastic, it's been at night. I force myself to pause, and wait for daylight. Then decide. Nothing ever seems as horrible as I thought in the the light of day.
I feel sorry for all the people connected to him, but more than that, I feel sorry for all the times he was tempted and never did it. And being a public figure, having to put on a 'show' when you're feeling like ****, it's the worst. Maybe it's the thing that got him through. Who knows?
Timing wise, I'm sad that his death was so close to Kate Spade's and the press link them together. Tony deserved his own spotlight.
You can't do anything about the length of your life, but you can do
something about its depth. - M
Other messages in this thread:
- 30338. Nostalgia, Tony Bourdain, and an invitation to dinner. [LINK] - Traca - 6:28am on 06/09/18 (4)
- SO sad. Had dinner at DD's last night and drank a toast to him--we are all - Charley - 11:23am on 06/09/18
- I'm gutted by his death. What an awful year. [NT] - ErininNY - 5:28pm on 06/09/18
- It was so shocking to me that he made this choice, but in the middle of the night - Heather_in_SF - 5:46pm on 06/14/18
- The night is no friend.... - Traca - 3:52pm on 06/16/18