Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
In checking my supplies to make dried apricot, oatmeal, macadamia nut cookies I find that
Joined: Dec 11, 2005
Posted to Thread #30351 at 7:52 pm on Jun 16, 2018
my dried apricots are two years past the best by date. I have been using them all along, they taste ok, however, today I noticed a white something on them, in blobs, which dust off ok. Is this a mold, anyone know? They have been kept in original packaging, sealed and in the crisper of my refer with all the other dried fruits.
I plan on replacing them tomorrow, because I need to pick up more anyway, but just wondering.
~*Many things will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart...pursue those*~
Other messages in this thread:
- 30351. In checking my supplies to make dried apricot, oatmeal, macadamia nut cookies I find that - KarenNoCA - 7:52pm on 06/16/18 (5)
- I am guessing that if it dusts off, it may be sugar BUT when in doubt, throw it out. (nt) [NT] - mistral - 8:23pm on 06/16/18
- Yup, best thing I learned in Food Safety and Sanitation Class - Pat-NoCal - 2:01am on 06/17/18
- Thank you, only had 1/2 cup or so of the product left. I mainly use them for snacking when I get - KarenNoCA - 5:42pm on 06/18/18
- I think you'll know if it is mold. [NT] - Charley - 12:36am on 06/17/18
- Thanks [NT] - KarenNoCA - 5:44pm on 06/18/18