Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
well, that's definitely not a consensus. Sounds like a test to me! So I picked up
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #30362 at 10:12 pm on Jun 23, 2018
a 2 oz bag of pine nuts ($3.38!) and will try all of the suggestions:
pine nuts, toasted walnuts, pistachio and I found cashews in the freezer too!
[Note to self: Why am I not finding thousands of dollars of wrapped drug money like they always hide in the freezer on TV? I did find a pork belly that I forgot about. And some freezer jam. Ooh, and some granola.]
Only problem: I'm following CathyZ's method of NOT adding the cheese until ready to use...so this is just going into the freezer.
I'll have to try tiny samples with added cheese to see what's what.
Jesus saves. Buddha recycles.
Other messages in this thread:
- 30362. Damn. I'm ready to make pesto with the Basil That Has Yet To Die and I have no pine nuts. - MarilynFL - 4:21pm on 06/23/18 (14)
- Guess I'd use walnuts, Marilyn. And yes, I'd cut out the big veins. [NT] - CathyZ from Kauai - 4:54pm on 06/23/18
- I would use pistachios and have--really good. I do not like walnuts in pesto at all - Charley - 5:16pm on 06/23/18
- I have used all kinds of nuts successfully. Except walnuts...allergic. Almonds work, pistachios. But - Marg CDN2 - 6:14pm on 06/23/18
- Ok but I was thinking maybe Marilyn might like walnuts. [NT] - CathyZ from Kauai - 7:50pm on 06/23/18
- I almost always use toasted walnuts - judy-mass - 8:27pm on 06/23/18
- well, that's definitely not a consensus. Sounds like a test to me! So I picked up - MarilynFL - 10:12pm on 06/23/18
- I do not care much for the traditional pesto, so I make my own to what I like - KarenNoCA - 10:22pm on 06/23/18
- but if I'm freezing it, should I add the lemon juice?? Just harvested it...man, my whole kitchen - MarilynFL - 10:24pm on 06/23/18
- I don't know why not. Usually I make small batches, because I am not that fond of pesto - KarenNoCA - 10:32pm on 06/23/18
- Those grilled cheese sandwiches sound delicious! Wish I had one right now. [NT] - Curious1 - 2:24pm on 06/24/18
- Basil Test [IMAGE] - MarilynFL - 3:05pm on 06/24/18
- Basil samples (untested on food as yet) [NT] [IMAGE] - MarilynFL - 3:08pm on 06/24/18
- I love your tests, your photos, and your writing....especially the brain humor. :-D [NT] - LisainLA - 6:30pm on 06/24/18
- With all of your basil, give this a look: REC: Linguine With Tomatoes & Basil - LisainLA - 6:36pm on 06/24/18