Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #30362 at 3:05 pm on Jun 24, 2018
Since the amounts were so small, I went ahead and added cheese to each sample. That way, I could decide now which version to make later in larger quantities to freeze.
But ya see that itty bitty insidious chunk of fresh garlic in each batch?
WHY FOR THE LOVE OF MONKEYS DID I DO THAT!!!
I KNOW BETTER! Apparently the Hippocampus whose job it is to transfer short term memory to long term was out to lunch with slutty Medulla Oblongata when the memo went out.
Now all I can taste is raw garlic on my tongue.
Jesus saves. Buddha recycles.
Other messages in this thread:
- 30362. Damn. I'm ready to make pesto with the Basil That Has Yet To Die and I have no pine nuts. - MarilynFL - 4:21pm on 06/23/18 (14)
- Guess I'd use walnuts, Marilyn. And yes, I'd cut out the big veins. [NT] - CathyZ from Kauai - 4:54pm on 06/23/18
- I would use pistachios and have--really good. I do not like walnuts in pesto at all - Charley - 5:16pm on 06/23/18
- I have used all kinds of nuts successfully. Except walnuts...allergic. Almonds work, pistachios. But - Marg CDN2 - 6:14pm on 06/23/18
- Ok but I was thinking maybe Marilyn might like walnuts. [NT] - CathyZ from Kauai - 7:50pm on 06/23/18
- I almost always use toasted walnuts - judy-mass - 8:27pm on 06/23/18
- well, that's definitely not a consensus. Sounds like a test to me! So I picked up - MarilynFL - 10:12pm on 06/23/18
- I do not care much for the traditional pesto, so I make my own to what I like - KarenNoCA - 10:22pm on 06/23/18
- but if I'm freezing it, should I add the lemon juice?? Just harvested it...man, my whole kitchen - MarilynFL - 10:24pm on 06/23/18
- I don't know why not. Usually I make small batches, because I am not that fond of pesto - KarenNoCA - 10:32pm on 06/23/18
- Those grilled cheese sandwiches sound delicious! Wish I had one right now. [NT] - Curious1 - 2:24pm on 06/24/18
- Basil Test [IMAGE] - MarilynFL - 3:05pm on 06/24/18
- Basil samples (untested on food as yet) [NT] [IMAGE] - MarilynFL - 3:08pm on 06/24/18
- I love your tests, your photos, and your writing....especially the brain humor. :-D [NT] - LisainLA - 6:30pm on 06/24/18
- With all of your basil, give this a look: REC: Linguine With Tomatoes & Basil - LisainLA - 6:36pm on 06/24/18