Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
REC: Peach Clafouti
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #30424 at 8:51 pm on Aug 2, 2018
* Exported from MasterCook *
Recipe By :TVFN/ David Rosengarten
Serving Size : 8
Categories : Desserts Fruit
Pies & Pastry Tried & True
Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1 1/2 Cups Flour
2 Tablespoons Sugar
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter -- cut in 1/2" pieces
2 Tablespoons Vegetable Shortening -- cut in bits
1 Egg, Beaten With
2 Tablespoons Ice Water
1/2 Cup Sugar
1 Cup Half And Half, Or Buttermilk
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
3 Tablespoons Flour
4 Tablespoons Butter
3 Large Peaches, Peeled, Pitted, Sliced
3 Tablespoons Sugar
Make pastry dough: In workbowl of a food processor combine flour, sugar and salt. Add butter and shortening and pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal. With motor running, pour in egg mixture and process just until dough begins to come together. Turn out dough onto plastic wrap and shape into a disk. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.
Preheat oven to 350°F. Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface and fit it into a 9-inch diameter ceramic or glass pie plate or baking dish, 1 1/2 inches deep. Prick dough with a fork, line with foil or waxed paper and weight with beans. Blind bake pastry shell for 10 minutes. Carefully remove beans and foil and continue baking for 5 minutes more.
In a blender combine batter ingredients and blend until smooth. (This can also be done in a bowl with a whisk). In a saute pan, melt butter, add peaches and sugar and cook 5 minutes until peaches are tender. To assemble, pour some batter into cooled shell, top with peaches, distributing them evenly, then pour remaining batter over. Bake at 350°F. for 1 hour, until center is just firm. Serve warm.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 394 Calories; 23g Fat (52.7% calories from fat); 6g Protein; 41g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 153mg Cholesterol; 163mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 4 1/2 Fat; 1 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.
Serving Ideas : Wonderful with Blueberry Wine Sauce poured over it.
NOTES : I used a ready-made crust, with excellent results! Also, I used buttermilk instead of half & half, and it worked very well.
Every good dish deserves a good pot.
Other messages in this thread:
- 30424. why is it difficult to find new peach recipes? They are here and now and wonderful. I am buying them - Marg CDN2 - 5:05pm on 08/02/18 (28)
- Broiled/grilled in a salad, panzanella (with tomatoes), glaze for pork - Charley - 6:31pm on 08/02/18
- This was pretty fantastic... [LINK] - desertculinary - 6:37pm on 08/02/18
- Colonia Peach Cake - rhoward2va - 6:58pm on 08/02/18
- Glazed Peach Pie or Tarts - rhoward2va - 7:02pm on 08/02/18
- Peach caprese salad - rhoward2va - 7:04pm on 08/02/18
- Subbed feta for the goat cheese in this Roast Chicken Salad with Peaches, Goat Cheese, and Pecans [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 7:39pm on 08/02/18
- This Melon-and-Peach Salad with Prosciutto and Mozzarella is light and summery [NT] [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 7:46pm on 08/02/18
- Another yummy one -- Peach and Arugula Salad [NT] [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 7:50pm on 08/02/18
- This Peach and Blueberry Galette is a relatively quick dessert to whip up. [NT] [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 7:53pm on 08/02/18
- An even faster dessert: Grilled Peaches with Fresh Raspberry Sauce [NT] [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 7:54pm on 08/02/18
- On my list to try: Grilled Vanilla Bean Mascarpone Peaches with Salted Bourbon Caramel [NT] [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 8:02pm on 08/02/18
- What time shall I be there? :-) [NT] - LisainLA - 12:04am on 08/05/18
- I'll text ya when it's ready. With reviews like "I could eat it every single day. It was amazing!!!" - Pat-NoCal - 9:12pm on 08/05/18
- Tennessee Peach Pudding Recipe [NT] [LINK] - GayR - 8:03pm on 08/02/18
- REC: Peach and Frangelico Gratin - judy-mass - 8:49pm on 08/02/18
- REC: Peach Clafouti - judy-mass - 8:51pm on 08/02/18
- Surry County Peach Sonker Recipe (featured by nothinginthe house.com [NT] [LINK] - GayR - 8:56pm on 08/02/18
- You reminded me of a recipe I saw in Cooking Light magazine.Pork Tenderloin with Bourbon-Peach sauce [LINK] - Curious1 - 10:41pm on 08/02/18
- Oooh my! You folks are lovely. I am going out to buy a BOX of peaches tomorrow. - Marg CDN2 - 3:55am on 08/03/18
- A kinds of peach ice cream, some with other fruits. [NT] - KarenNoCA - 1:50pm on 08/03/18
- Marg, Just came across this recipe for Frozen Berry Pudding Bombe that sounds amazing...... [LINK] - GayR - 2:44pm on 08/03/18
- I'm enjoying a lovely peach dessert right now: Citrus pound cake, grilled peach, ginger ice cream & - MarilynFL - 9:48pm on 08/03/18
- Froze 11 whole and have eaten through all but 5 peaches of 25# - colleenmomof2 - 2:28pm on 08/06/18
- I am working my way through these but an inspiration tonight led me to a Peach Margarita. WOW - Marg CDN2 - 4:52am on 08/08/18
- That sounds wonderful, Marg. [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 1:58pm on 08/08/18
- Great post / Thread... I also have a bunch of peaches from our CSA. Thx [NT] - barb_b - 8:43pm on 08/11/18
- Golden Peach Pie is excellent! [NT] [LINK] - wigs - 5:27pm on 08/14/18
- Peach-Blueberry Cobbler--very good even though a very old recipe! [NT] [LINK] - wigs - 5:42pm on 08/14/18