Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
The original "not according to Ina Garten linked recipe"
Joined: Feb 18, 2006
Posted to Thread #30460 at 1:48 am on Aug 27, 2018
The "original" recipe shared on Amateur Gourmet under list of The Best CC cookie made with 2 1/8 cup flour and dough is dropped by 1/4 cupfuls bakes "huge" thick and chewy cookie. My husband always splits these cookies in half. Ina's linked Chocolate Chunk Cookies image looks like the cookie spreads. Reminiscent of Alice Medrich's chocolate chip cookies. Also, wonderful.
Other messages in this thread:
- 30460. Rec: Chocolate Chunk Cookies from Barefoot Contessa [LINK] - Ann - 9:39pm on 08/23/18 (7)
- I already noticed I omitted baking soda amount from cookbook - Ann - 9:41pm on 08/23/18
- But does your version make you happy? I'm always willing to be a test guinea. - MarilynFL - 11:50am on 08/26/18
- yes, I liked melting the butter for last minute baking. I never chilled the dough. "NT" [NT] - Ann - 7:40pm on 08/26/18
- ..and what is the resulting baked cookie: flat & crispy, mounded & soft, or both-ish? [NT] - MarilynFL - 10:15pm on 08/26/18
- The original "not according to Ina Garten linked recipe" - Ann - 1:48am on 08/27/18
- Just made them. Nice and chocolaty. I was a bit anxious at how soft the batter - MarilynFL - 12:32am on 08/28/18
- Called that one: librarians LOVED the crispy buttery edges. Gave pan version - MarilynFL - 4:59pm on 08/28/18