Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Rec: BBQ Chicken aka Foster Farms BBQ Chicken
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #11194 at 4:34 am on Jul 4, 2008
BBQ Chicken aka Foster Farms BBQ Chicken
2 whole chickens, cut-up (used skinless thighs)
2-1/2 cups rice vinegar (used seasoned rice vinegar)
1 cup soy sauce (used Kikkoman lite soy sauce)
1 cup fresh lime juice (used half fresh lemon juice)
1-1/2 tsp ground black pepper
4 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
Remove skin from chicken. Marinate chicken in a single layer, in a baking dish, covered, refrigerated, turning once, or Ziploc bags work well too, for at least 3 hours, up to overnight. Bring to room temperature, and drain. Grill on barbecue until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear.
Patís notes: Used skinless thighs, marinated 3 hours then grilled and they were sooooo good. Used seasoned rice vinegar, Kikkoman low salt soy sauce, and half fresh lime juice, half fresh lemon juice, excellent marinade, definitely a keeper.
Moyn said: This chicken is really delicious. Marinate overnite if you can!
Dawn said: This is also good with pork tenderloin or pork roast, you should definitely marinate overnite as Moyn suggests. I have frozen chicken in the marinade in the freezer, also the marinade freezes well itself.
Debbie in GA said: ISO Dawn - made Foster Farms BBQ chicken... and it was sooooo goooood! I used boneless, skinless chicken thighs, marinated for a day and a half, then wound up freezing cuz we weren't home to eat. Pulled a bag out of the freezer and thawed and grilled and it was grrrreat! Thanks for yet another keeper!
Michael in Phx said: Thanks Moyn! The Foster Farms BBQ Chicken marinade you pointed me to IS very good. It does taste strongly of vinegar, but that's good, in my family's opinion! The tang was balanced well with the soy, etc. Also, my only tweak was to use "seasoned" rice vinegar instead of plain. My grocer was giving away bottles of this free awhile back, and I never use flavored rice vinegar in any of my stir-fry recipes, so this was my chance to use it up. The flavored vinegar has corn syrup and brown sugar listed as ingredients, along with salt. I could taste a definite sweetness to the chicken, which worked well to balance the sourness of the vinegar. Thanks for the tip! Dawn's recipe is wonderful.
Other messages in this thread:
- 11194. ISO Easy grill recipes - Therese - 3:45pm on 06/27/08 (18)
- Therese, try Charlie's "Unbelievable Chicken Marinade" in T&T. It's foolproof. [NT] [LINK] - Joe - 4:21pm on 06/27/08
- And here's an easy menu I posted last summer built around it. [NT] [LINK] - Joe - 4:23pm on 06/27/08
- I have used this marinade with pork chops too. It's great. - AngAk - 5:07pm on 06/27/08
- it's also great with salmon. [NT] - rvb - 6:47pm on 06/27/08
- My guy swears it would be great on a car bumper!!!! [NT] - orchid - 7:06pm on 06/27/08
- Oregano-Marinated Grilled Chicken from CHOW.com - Terrific Recipe - Marinate overnight or early am [NT] [LINK] - GayR - 5:06pm on 06/27/08
- another easy marinade for souvlaki in T&T. can also be used on veggies. kids love kabobs [NT] [LINK] - AngAk - 5:10pm on 06/27/08
- and this roasted garlic and pineapple marinade is fast and good on all sorts of meats too. [LINK] - AngAk - 5:15pm on 06/27/08
- These are awesome recs. Keep 'em coming! nt Now I'm hungry! [NT] - Therese - 6:52pm on 06/27/08
- Here is Sylvia's Jerk Marinade. [NT] [LINK] - Joe - 8:40pm on 06/27/08
- and Moyn's Mojo Marinade [NT] [LINK] - AngAk - 9:11pm on 06/27/08
- joe, could your soy chicken be made in the crockpot? it wouldn't glaze though. maybe in a pan on [LINK] - AngAk - 9:14pm on 06/27/08
- Hmm, I don't think the crockpot would work, but the pan on the grill would be worth a try. - Joe - 9:35pm on 06/27/08
- REC: Chicken Thighs with Thyme & Lemon... - charlie - 10:15pm on 06/27/08
- REC: Hoisin-Marinated Pork Chops... - charlie - 10:18pm on 06/27/08
- Rec: Yakitori. I love this and it's so easy to make. I make skewered or whole chicken thighs [NT] [LINK] - Sandy_in_Philly - 2:00am on 06/28/08
- This looks so good. I've been craving Yakitori. [NT] - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 4:07pm on 12/08/08
- Rec: BBQ Chicken aka Foster Farms BBQ Chicken - Pat-NoCal - 4:34am on 07/04/08