Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Stuffed beef tenderloin? I just bought a whole tenderloin & just finished cutting and parcelling it
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #11492 at 2:02 pm on Jul 25, 2008
to freeze. I did it differently this time and had one large piece, maybe 2 pounds, that I think would be perfect to stuff or actually, roll around a stuffing. Anyone done that?
I haven't seen a great multtitude of this being done, but I was thinking shallots sauteed in butter, then brandy, then bread cubes and foie gras, just spread over the meat and rolled up inside. Roasted with a bit of a wine deglaze at the end.
Or some wild mushrooms, instead of the foie gras.
Kind of leaning toward the foie though.
Anyone have any thoughts to offer??
Other messages in this thread:
- 11492. Stuffed beef tenderloin? I just bought a whole tenderloin & just finished cutting and parcelling it - Marg CDN - 2:02pm on 07/25/08 (6)
- The heck with the pulled pork- I'd like an invite to YOUR house! [NT] - CynUpstateNY - 2:10pm on 07/25/08
- Always go with the foi, always with the foi.....yum, will this be after we've been to Cyns for dinne [NT] - joanietoo - 2:22pm on 07/25/08
- Rec: Roast Beef Tenderloin with Caramelized Onion and Mushroom Stuffing - Michael in Phoenix - 3:45pm on 07/25/08
- stilton is a good choice. [NT] - rvb - 9:40am on 07/26/08
- Not T&T but great reviews. Lobster-Stuffed Beef Tenderloin with Bearnaise Sauce [NT] [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 10:36am on 07/26/08
- Thanks everyone. I may even cut it in half and try two of these. There's another plus to FK chats in - Marg CDN - 12:57pm on 07/28/08