Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
REC: Good N Gooey Peach Cobbler
Joined: Dec 19, 2005
Posted to Thread #11494 at 6:17 pm on Jul 25, 2008
Lots of great reviews on this one.
GOOD-'N'-GOOEY PEACH COBBLER
From the poster: "This is a real Texas peach cobbler with an abundance of juicy fruit and a sweet, biscuit-like batter topping that is crunchy on the surface and doughy inside. This recipe comes from Cheryl and Bill Jamison."
List of Ingredients:
12 to 14 ripe peaches, peeled and sliced
1/4 cup sugar (use more if peaches are not very sweet)
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
2 teaspoons cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon powdered ginger
3/4 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1 1/4 cups flour
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. (325 F for dark pans).
2. In a bowl, mix together all the filling ingredients. Set aside. Note: The filling will be a bit juicier than most pies.
3. Melt butter in a 9x13 baking dish in the oven.
4. In another bowl, stir together flour, sugar, and baking powder, and then add the milk. Mix until lightly blended.
5. Spoon the mixture evenly over the melted butter. DO NOT STIR.
6. Pour the peach filling evenly over batter.
7. Bake 45 minutes.
8. Serve warm, with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream if desired.
A balanced diet is equal parts of milk and dark chocolate.
Other messages in this thread:
- Lucky you, Maria. Rec: Spiced Peaches - Pat-NoCal - 4:55pm on 07/25/08
- Reminds me of one of my favorite movies... - Michael in Phoenix - 6:24pm on 07/25/08
- Ooh, I love that movie! One of the few that is just like the book. - Lana in FL - 11:17am on 07/26/08
- This is one I've never seen... I read the synopsis but it sounds like an awful B movie... - cheezz - 1:02pm on 07/26/08
- I quite like corny movies (was going to say cheesy :) )... - Lana in FL - 3:52pm on 07/26/08
- I don't think it's awful, and by a long shot. Well written, and, IMHO, very well acted... - Michael in Phoenix - 7:44pm on 07/26/08
- Read the book. It has ovely circular logic and symmetry to it. Movie was well done too, - MarilynFL - 11:29am on 07/27/08
- That should be "lovely"...not a reference to eggs. [NT] - MarilynFL - 11:30am on 07/27/08
- Only you, LOL! [NT] - Luisa_Calif - 12:12pm on 07/27/08
- I've read it twice, with my boys. Good Friday-night-pizza movie. [NT] - Michael in Phoenix - 2:25pm on 07/27/08
- okey dokey... I'll add it to my NetFlix list :) [NT] - cheezz - 9:28pm on 07/27/08
- Peach and Raspberry Crisp, Barefoot Contessa [NT] [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 5:00pm on 07/25/08
- How about freezing some to use in smoothies later. [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 5:36pm on 07/25/08
- Rec: Warm Peach and Prosciutto Salad (michael Chiarello) - barb_b - 5:54pm on 07/25/08
- REC: Peach and Blueberry Crisp with Spiced-Pecan Topping... [LINK] - Meryl - 6:12pm on 07/25/08
- REC: Good N Gooey Peach Cobbler [LINK] - Meryl - 6:17pm on 07/25/08
- REC: Peaches and Nectarines with Rosemary and Honey Syrup [LINK] - Meryl - 6:22pm on 07/25/08
- REC: Peach & Raspberry Cobbler with Buttermilk Biscuit Crust... - charlie - 6:38pm on 07/25/08
- REC: Bourbon Laced Tipsy Chicken with Peaches... - charlie - 6:43pm on 07/25/08
- REC: Peach Chutney... - charlie - 6:46pm on 07/25/08
- REC: Spiced Pork Chops & Peaches... - charlie - 6:48pm on 07/25/08
- REC: PÍches Cardinal. (Poached Peaches with Raspberry Sauce [NT] [LINK] - Joe - 6:55pm on 07/25/08
- Peach Crostata, from the old Gail's [NT] [LINK] - AngAk - 7:10pm on 07/25/08
- REC: Cherry Claufutti.....DH adores this - you can make it with peaches [NT] [LINK] - cheezz - 7:40pm on 07/25/08
- REC: Spicy Peach Preserves - MarkinHouston - 10:38pm on 07/25/08
- I'll vouch for these, good stuff. First thing I ever canned. [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 2:36am on 07/26/08
- Oh my gosh - these all sound so good! Thank you! - MariaDNoCA - 12:48pm on 07/26/08