Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
REC: Peaches and Nectarines with Rosemary and Honey Syrup
Joined: Dec 19, 2005
Posted to Thread #11494 at 6:22 pm on Jul 25, 2008
PEACHES AND NECTARINES WITH ROSEMARY AND HONEY SYRUP
Similar fruits make pleasing salads. Nectarines and peaches, both stone fruit, work well together because of their similar textures.
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup water
1 sprig (4-1/2 inches long) fresh rosemary; more for garnish
4 medium white or yellow peaches (or 2 of each)
4 medium white or yellow nectarines (or 2 of each)
Combine the honey, sugar, and water in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally until the sugar dissolves. Add the rosemary and reduce the heat to low. Cook for 7 minutes to let the rosemary infuse. Strain through a fine sieve, let cool, and refrigerate to chill completely.
Just before serving, halve and pit the peaches and nectarines. Cut the fruit into 1/4-inch slices and put them in a large serving bowl. Pour on just enough of the rosemary syrup to lightly coat the fruit, about 6 tablespoons. Garnish with fresh sprigs of rosemary, if you like.
Serves six; yields 3/4 cup syrup.
A balanced diet is equal parts of milk and dark chocolate.
Other messages in this thread:
- Lucky you, Maria. Rec: Spiced Peaches - Pat-NoCal - 4:55pm on 07/25/08
- Reminds me of one of my favorite movies... - Michael in Phoenix - 6:24pm on 07/25/08
- Ooh, I love that movie! One of the few that is just like the book. - Lana in FL - 11:17am on 07/26/08
- This is one I've never seen... I read the synopsis but it sounds like an awful B movie... - cheezz - 1:02pm on 07/26/08
- I quite like corny movies (was going to say cheesy :) )... - Lana in FL - 3:52pm on 07/26/08
- I don't think it's awful, and by a long shot. Well written, and, IMHO, very well acted... - Michael in Phoenix - 7:44pm on 07/26/08
- Read the book. It has ovely circular logic and symmetry to it. Movie was well done too, - MarilynFL - 11:29am on 07/27/08
- That should be "lovely"...not a reference to eggs. [NT] - MarilynFL - 11:30am on 07/27/08
- Only you, LOL! [NT] - Luisa_Calif - 12:12pm on 07/27/08
- I've read it twice, with my boys. Good Friday-night-pizza movie. [NT] - Michael in Phoenix - 2:25pm on 07/27/08
- okey dokey... I'll add it to my NetFlix list :) [NT] - cheezz - 9:28pm on 07/27/08
- Peach and Raspberry Crisp, Barefoot Contessa [NT] [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 5:00pm on 07/25/08
- How about freezing some to use in smoothies later. [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 5:36pm on 07/25/08
- Rec: Warm Peach and Prosciutto Salad (michael Chiarello) - barb_b - 5:54pm on 07/25/08
- REC: Peach and Blueberry Crisp with Spiced-Pecan Topping... [LINK] - Meryl - 6:12pm on 07/25/08
- REC: Good N Gooey Peach Cobbler [LINK] - Meryl - 6:17pm on 07/25/08
- REC: Peaches and Nectarines with Rosemary and Honey Syrup [LINK] - Meryl - 6:22pm on 07/25/08
- REC: Peach & Raspberry Cobbler with Buttermilk Biscuit Crust... - charlie - 6:38pm on 07/25/08
- REC: Bourbon Laced Tipsy Chicken with Peaches... - charlie - 6:43pm on 07/25/08
- REC: Peach Chutney... - charlie - 6:46pm on 07/25/08
- REC: Spiced Pork Chops & Peaches... - charlie - 6:48pm on 07/25/08
- REC: PÍches Cardinal. (Poached Peaches with Raspberry Sauce [NT] [LINK] - Joe - 6:55pm on 07/25/08
- Peach Crostata, from the old Gail's [NT] [LINK] - AngAk - 7:10pm on 07/25/08
- REC: Cherry Claufutti.....DH adores this - you can make it with peaches [NT] [LINK] - cheezz - 7:40pm on 07/25/08
- REC: Spicy Peach Preserves - MarkinHouston - 10:38pm on 07/25/08
- I'll vouch for these, good stuff. First thing I ever canned. [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 2:36am on 07/26/08
- Oh my gosh - these all sound so good! Thank you! - MariaDNoCA - 12:48pm on 07/26/08