Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
REC: Bourbon Laced Tipsy Chicken with Peaches...
Joined: Dec 16, 2005
Posted to Thread #11494 at 6:43 pm on Jul 25, 2008
Bourbon Laced Tipsy Chicken With Peaches
Recipe By :Dori Sanders
Serving Size : 4
4 chicken leg quarters -- (thigh attached)
1/2 teaspoon salt -- or to taste
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper -- or to taste
2 tablespoons butter
1 large onion -- finely chopped
1 teaspoon paprika
1 1/2 cups green onions -- chopped (about 6 green onions, including green part)
1/2 cup orange juice
2 tablespoons bourbon
1 cup fresh peaches -- chopped (about 2 medium peaches)
A dash of nutmeg
Preheat oven to 400 degrees..
Sprinkle chicken quarters with salt and pepper. Place in a 13 x 9-inch baking pan and set aside.
In a medium skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the paprika and all but 1 tablespoon of the green onions and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, for an additional 4 minutes.
Spread the onion mixture evenly over the chicken, spoon the orange juice and bourbon over the top, and bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, turning and basting occasionally.
Remove the chicken from the oven, spoon the peaches over the top, sprinkle with nutmeg, and return to the oven for an additional 15 to 20 minutes or until the chicken is tender and shows no trace of pink near the bone. Remove the chicken from the pan, place on a serving dish, and pour the pan juices over the chicken. Garnish with the remaining green onions and serve immediately.
Other messages in this thread:
- Lucky you, Maria. Rec: Spiced Peaches - Pat-NoCal - 4:55pm on 07/25/08
- Reminds me of one of my favorite movies... - Michael in Phoenix - 6:24pm on 07/25/08
- Ooh, I love that movie! One of the few that is just like the book. - Lana in FL - 11:17am on 07/26/08
- This is one I've never seen... I read the synopsis but it sounds like an awful B movie... - cheezz - 1:02pm on 07/26/08
- I quite like corny movies (was going to say cheesy :) )... - Lana in FL - 3:52pm on 07/26/08
- I don't think it's awful, and by a long shot. Well written, and, IMHO, very well acted... - Michael in Phoenix - 7:44pm on 07/26/08
- Read the book. It has ovely circular logic and symmetry to it. Movie was well done too, - MarilynFL - 11:29am on 07/27/08
- That should be "lovely"...not a reference to eggs. [NT] - MarilynFL - 11:30am on 07/27/08
- Only you, LOL! [NT] - Luisa_Calif - 12:12pm on 07/27/08
- I've read it twice, with my boys. Good Friday-night-pizza movie. [NT] - Michael in Phoenix - 2:25pm on 07/27/08
- okey dokey... I'll add it to my NetFlix list :) [NT] - cheezz - 9:28pm on 07/27/08
- Peach and Raspberry Crisp, Barefoot Contessa [NT] [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 5:00pm on 07/25/08
- How about freezing some to use in smoothies later. [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 5:36pm on 07/25/08
- Rec: Warm Peach and Prosciutto Salad (michael Chiarello) - barb_b - 5:54pm on 07/25/08
- REC: Peach and Blueberry Crisp with Spiced-Pecan Topping... [LINK] - Meryl - 6:12pm on 07/25/08
- REC: Good N Gooey Peach Cobbler [LINK] - Meryl - 6:17pm on 07/25/08
- REC: Peaches and Nectarines with Rosemary and Honey Syrup [LINK] - Meryl - 6:22pm on 07/25/08
- REC: Peach & Raspberry Cobbler with Buttermilk Biscuit Crust... - charlie - 6:38pm on 07/25/08
- REC: Bourbon Laced Tipsy Chicken with Peaches... - charlie - 6:43pm on 07/25/08
- REC: Peach Chutney... - charlie - 6:46pm on 07/25/08
- REC: Spiced Pork Chops & Peaches... - charlie - 6:48pm on 07/25/08
- REC: PÍches Cardinal. (Poached Peaches with Raspberry Sauce [NT] [LINK] - Joe - 6:55pm on 07/25/08
- Peach Crostata, from the old Gail's [NT] [LINK] - AngAk - 7:10pm on 07/25/08
- REC: Cherry Claufutti.....DH adores this - you can make it with peaches [NT] [LINK] - cheezz - 7:40pm on 07/25/08
- REC: Spicy Peach Preserves - MarkinHouston - 10:38pm on 07/25/08
- I'll vouch for these, good stuff. First thing I ever canned. [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 2:36am on 07/26/08
- Oh my gosh - these all sound so good! Thank you! - MariaDNoCA - 12:48pm on 07/26/08