Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
REC: Spiced Pork Chops & Peaches...
Joined: Dec 16, 2005
Posted to Thread #11494 at 6:48 pm on Jul 25, 2008
Spiced Pork Chops & Peaches
Recipe By :Nancy Baggett
Serving Size : 4
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons orange juice -- plus
1/3 cup orange juice
2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
3/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
1/2 teaspoon curry powder -- mild
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
4 4-ounce boneless loin pork chops -- (4 to 5 ounce) trimmed of fat (1/2-inch thick)
2 teaspoons olive oil
3 cups sliced peaches -- peeled, thickly sliced (3 medium)
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro -- for garnish (optional)
1. In a small bowl, stir brown sugar, 2 tablespoons orange juice, soy sauce, cardamom, curry powder and pepper until the sugar dissolves. Lay pork chops in a 7-by-11-inch (or similar) shallow glass dish. Pour the spice mixture over the chops and turn to coat both sides. Let marinate for 10 to 15 minutes or cover and refrigerate for up to 2 hours.
2. Heat oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Shake excess marinade off the chops and place them in the skillet (reserve marinade). Cook until the chops are browned, 11/2 to 2 minutes per side. Meanwhile, add peaches to the reserved marinade and stir to coat.
3. Add the remaining 1/3 cup orange juice to the skillet and bring to a simmer, stirring. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, turning chops occasionally, until the chops are just cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes. Remove the pork chops to a plate and set aside, covered loosely with foil.
4. Add the marinade and peaches to the skillet; increase heat to medium-high and bring to a simmer. Cook, stirring often, until the liquid is reduced to a light sauce, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in any juices that have accumulated from the pork chops. To serve, spoon sauce and peach slices over the chops. Sprinkle with cilantro, if desired.
Makes 4 servings.
Per serving: 280 calories; 9 g total fat (2 g sat, 4 g mono); 62 mg cholesterol; 25 g carbohydrate; 26 g protein; 3 g fiber; 321 mg sodium.
"Eating Well Magazine/Summer 2003"
Other messages in this thread:
- Lucky you, Maria. Rec: Spiced Peaches - Pat-NoCal - 4:55pm on 07/25/08
- Reminds me of one of my favorite movies... - Michael in Phoenix - 6:24pm on 07/25/08
- Ooh, I love that movie! One of the few that is just like the book. - Lana in FL - 11:17am on 07/26/08
- This is one I've never seen... I read the synopsis but it sounds like an awful B movie... - cheezz - 1:02pm on 07/26/08
- I quite like corny movies (was going to say cheesy :) )... - Lana in FL - 3:52pm on 07/26/08
- I don't think it's awful, and by a long shot. Well written, and, IMHO, very well acted... - Michael in Phoenix - 7:44pm on 07/26/08
- Read the book. It has ovely circular logic and symmetry to it. Movie was well done too, - MarilynFL - 11:29am on 07/27/08
- That should be "lovely"...not a reference to eggs. [NT] - MarilynFL - 11:30am on 07/27/08
- Only you, LOL! [NT] - Luisa_Calif - 12:12pm on 07/27/08
- I've read it twice, with my boys. Good Friday-night-pizza movie. [NT] - Michael in Phoenix - 2:25pm on 07/27/08
- okey dokey... I'll add it to my NetFlix list :) [NT] - cheezz - 9:28pm on 07/27/08
- Peach and Raspberry Crisp, Barefoot Contessa [NT] [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 5:00pm on 07/25/08
- How about freezing some to use in smoothies later. [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 5:36pm on 07/25/08
- Rec: Warm Peach and Prosciutto Salad (michael Chiarello) - barb_b - 5:54pm on 07/25/08
- REC: Peach and Blueberry Crisp with Spiced-Pecan Topping... [LINK] - Meryl - 6:12pm on 07/25/08
- REC: Good N Gooey Peach Cobbler [LINK] - Meryl - 6:17pm on 07/25/08
- REC: Peaches and Nectarines with Rosemary and Honey Syrup [LINK] - Meryl - 6:22pm on 07/25/08
- REC: Peach & Raspberry Cobbler with Buttermilk Biscuit Crust... - charlie - 6:38pm on 07/25/08
- REC: Bourbon Laced Tipsy Chicken with Peaches... - charlie - 6:43pm on 07/25/08
- REC: Peach Chutney... - charlie - 6:46pm on 07/25/08
- REC: Spiced Pork Chops & Peaches... - charlie - 6:48pm on 07/25/08
- REC: PÍches Cardinal. (Poached Peaches with Raspberry Sauce [NT] [LINK] - Joe - 6:55pm on 07/25/08
- Peach Crostata, from the old Gail's [NT] [LINK] - AngAk - 7:10pm on 07/25/08
- REC: Cherry Claufutti.....DH adores this - you can make it with peaches [NT] [LINK] - cheezz - 7:40pm on 07/25/08
- REC: Spicy Peach Preserves - MarkinHouston - 10:38pm on 07/25/08
- I'll vouch for these, good stuff. First thing I ever canned. [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 2:36am on 07/26/08
- Oh my gosh - these all sound so good! Thank you! - MariaDNoCA - 12:48pm on 07/26/08