Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Rec: Lemony Moroccan-Style Chicken Kebabs – Another big thumbs up for what’s now in T & T, thanks to
Joined: Dec 11, 2005
Posted to Thread #11504 at 12:56 am on Jul 27, 2008
Meryl and other cooks here!
This recipe is one of the best marinated chicken dishes I’ve ever had! It’s jam-packed with flavor due to the wonderful spices and other ingredients in the marinade.
I made the recipe as written using whole skinless, boneless chicken thighs on sale for almost half off. Fortunately, the savings on the chicken just about gave me a credit for the two “real McCoy” preserved lemons in a jar from Morocco that I splurged on a few months ago at a local farmer’s market. I never tasted preserved lemons before so I wanted to try the real thing. Based on that, I will be able to compare the real preserved lemons vs the quick & easy methods for preserved lemons. I do however, think that substitutions would still fit the bill.
Since I didn’t reserve 2 TBS of the marinade for the Yogurt-Lemon Sauce, there was ample marinade for the 2 lbs. & 5 oz. of thighs that I used. I squished the bag constantly for a few minutes and two times thereafter for a total of just over two hours.
I cooked the whole 2 lbs. & 5 oz. on my new Breville indoor grill. After placing the thickest thighs in the center and after a couple of minutes, I was able to “push” the other thighs into the grilling area. The cooking time was 11 minutes, all told. Beautiful grill marks and a yellow color due to the tumeric. Yummy, yummy, yummy!!!
Yes I’m raving here because it was just a super-delicious recipe!!!
Link: Lemony Moroccan-Style Chicken Kebabs
Other messages in this thread:
- 11504. Rec: Lemony Moroccan-Style Chicken Kebabs – Another big thumbs up for what’s now in T & T, thanks to [LINK] - Sandy_in_Philly - 12:56am on 07/27/08 (4)
- Sounds delish, how did you like the preserved lemons? [NT] - Curious1 - 11:49am on 07/27/08
- I loved them. I think I'll make my own one day. [NT] - Sandy_in_Philly - 10:00pm on 07/27/08
- Yay! Glad you liked it! [NT] - Meryl - 2:29pm on 07/27/08
- test [NT] - Curious1 - 2:07pm on 04/11/14