Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Finally a cold soup my husband likes. REC: Mexican Gazpacho
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #11505 at 9:56 am on Jul 27, 2008
this really isn't a recipe as I cheated and used a purchased (from the Enchilada Lady at the Farmer's Market, which is excellent)salsa. This is what I did.
I mixed a hot salsa and a medium salsa together (one was my own homemade salsa with lots of cilantro and garlic in it). Chilled in the freezer so it was really cold. Ladled it into pasta/soup bowls, and garnished it with a salad of chopped English cukes, red bell pepper, Anaheim green chiles, two chopped avocadoes, a little red onion and cilantro, probably about 2/3 cup veggie mixture, for each bowl. Dolloped a bit of sour cream on top of the salad, and served. It looked beautiful, tasted fantastic and was very easy to make.
Sometimes you just need to look reality in the eye, and deny it. –Garrison Keillor
Other messages in this thread:
- 11505. Finally a cold soup my husband likes. REC: Mexican Gazpacho - Dawn_MO - 9:56am on 07/27/08 (13)
- P.S. Anymore out there??? I would love some more. Thanks! [NT] - Dawn_MO - 9:56am on 07/27/08
- REC: Blue Cheese-Artichoke Bisque - Dawn_MO - 10:09am on 07/27/08
- REC: Cream of Cucumber Soup. It's really good cold. [NT] [LINK] - Joe - 10:13am on 07/27/08
- Cucumbers have excellent cooling properties...try cuke juice if you ever get a chance. - Glennis_NoCA - 3:37pm on 07/27/08
- Not cold, but I thought of you when I read about the zero point Italian and Mexican soups here. [NT] [LINK] - Curious1 - 11:54am on 07/27/08
- Iced Cantaloupe Soupe with Jalapeno and Basil- haven't tried it but reads delicious! [NT] [LINK] - CynUpstateNY - 5:12pm on 07/27/08
- Rec: Roasted Tomato and Bell Pepper Gazpacho...I have posted this [LINK] - orchid - 3:23pm on 07/27/08
- I'll give this a shot in the next few days. I am getting bushels of Romas! [NT] - Luisa_Calif - 9:11pm on 07/28/08
- WooHoo!!! Please let me know if you do and what you think? [NT] - orchid - 6:49am on 07/29/08
- I made this last night, and will have it for lunch today. - Dawn_MO - 7:34am on 07/29/08
- We loved this cold soup. I served it ladled into pasta bowls and - Dawn_MO - 11:58am on 07/30/08
- I don't have a recipe, but... - Glennis_NoCA - 3:35pm on 07/27/08
- Cold Curried Carrot Soup - Michael in Tampa - 6:39am on 07/29/08