Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
I saved her recipe at the time, here is what I have as Gretchen's rub...
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #11506 at 11:37 am on Jul 27, 2008
Note at the bottom she also mentions just pepper and brown sugar.
3/4 cup paprika
1/2 cup black pepper
1/4 cup salt
1/2 cup turbinado sugar (or brown sugar)
2 Tablespoons New Mexico chile powder (if you can)
2 Tablespoons onion powder
Cayenne pepper if you want
Rub meat thorouglly and let sit overnight in fridge.
I also think coarse black pepper and brown sugar works very well.
Other messages in this thread:
- 11506. Anybody have Gretchen's rub for her pulled pork? I am finally going to make it... - Music City Missy - 10:46am on 07/27/08 (16)
- I found this on epi, perhaps this is it.... - Marsha tbay - 11:07am on 07/27/08
- The brown sugar is a very important ingredient in meat rubs - Kendall - 1:33pm on 07/27/08
- I know she sometimes does just brown sugar and black pepper. I made it this week and used - CynUpstateNY - 11:21am on 07/27/08
- I saved her recipe at the time, here is what I have as Gretchen's rub... - Curious1 - 11:37am on 07/27/08
- Thanks everyone - have it going now along with my 1st attempt at Nashville HOT chicken [NT] - Music City Missy - 12:04pm on 07/27/08
- Missy, I bought zipper peas yesterday at a veggie stand. Are they the same as - Curious1 - 1:26pm on 07/27/08
- Questions for any Southern familiar with zipper peas. [NT] - Curious1 - 1:27pm on 07/27/08
- Crowder, cow peas, or cream peas..... - Music City Missy - 2:38pm on 07/27/08
- Exactly what I wanted to know, Thanks so much! Some of these are over ripe, but most aren't. [NT] - Curious1 - 2:52pm on 07/27/08
- PS - 1 cup doesn't sound right, I think the quart is closer to being correct. [NT] - Music City Missy - 2:39pm on 07/27/08
- Curiou1 when I get fresh lady cream peas which are more delicate than crowder.. - MarkinHouston - 7:24pm on 07/27/08
- I thought about making a salad, thanks for the recipe. I sliced tomatoes, onions. & made cornbread. [NT] - Curious1 - 9:01am on 07/28/08
- Charley, your mail box is full. [NT] - Curious1 - 3:02pm on 07/27/08