Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
I don't have a recipe, but...
Joined: Dec 22, 2005
Posted to Thread #11505 at 7:35 pm on Jul 27, 2008
I take a quart of V-8 Spicy, and chill it ice cold...In the meanwhile, I chop veggies...about 3/8 inch dice (kind of to taste, by eye?): Onion-red, white or yellow, it matters not-about 1/2 of a largish one; cucumber-English type, though I imagine a good fresh garden variety would be fine- 1/2 cup; celery, 1/2 cup; zucchini (if I have it), 1/2 cup; avocado, 1/2 diced; fresh tomato, diced, 1 whole; cilantro (some), juice of 1/2 lime; 1/2 pound of salad shrimp, and 1/2 cup or so fresh (canned) crabmeat. Stir that together, season to taste with salt and pepper and whatever else suits you (fresh jalapeno works well here too!) and mmm-mmm-good!
Other messages in this thread:
- 11505. Finally a cold soup my husband likes. REC: Mexican Gazpacho - Dawn_MO - 1:56pm on 07/27/08 (13)
- P.S. Anymore out there??? I would love some more. Thanks! [NT] - Dawn_MO - 1:56pm on 07/27/08
- REC: Blue Cheese-Artichoke Bisque - Dawn_MO - 2:09pm on 07/27/08
- REC: Cream of Cucumber Soup. It's really good cold. [NT] [LINK] - Joe - 2:13pm on 07/27/08
- Cucumbers have excellent cooling properties...try cuke juice if you ever get a chance. - Glennis_NoCA - 7:37pm on 07/27/08
- Not cold, but I thought of you when I read about the zero point Italian and Mexican soups here. [NT] [LINK] - Curious1 - 3:54pm on 07/27/08
- Iced Cantaloupe Soupe with Jalapeno and Basil- haven't tried it but reads delicious! [NT] [LINK] - CynUpstateNY - 9:12pm on 07/27/08
- Rec: Roasted Tomato and Bell Pepper Gazpacho...I have posted this [LINK] - orchid - 7:23pm on 07/27/08
- I'll give this a shot in the next few days. I am getting bushels of Romas! [NT] - Luisa_Calif - 1:11am on 07/29/08
- WooHoo!!! Please let me know if you do and what you think? [NT] - orchid - 10:49am on 07/29/08
- I made this last night, and will have it for lunch today. - Dawn_MO - 11:34am on 07/29/08
- We loved this cold soup. I served it ladled into pasta bowls and - Dawn_MO - 3:58pm on 07/30/08
- I don't have a recipe, but... - Glennis_NoCA - 7:35pm on 07/27/08
- Cold Curried Carrot Soup - Michael in Tampa - 10:39am on 07/29/08