Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Curiou1 when I get fresh lady cream peas which are more delicate than crowder..
Joined: Jan 1, 2006
Posted to Thread #11506 at 11:24 pm on Jul 27, 2008
purple hull, or fresh black-eyed peas, I usually make a riff on this recipe:
Lady Cream Peas in Vinaigrette
I boil them till tender (about 20 minutes)
then dress them with a vinaigrette. You can
always add tomatoes or peppers if you like
as well. (I add minced Italian parsley and shallots instead of peppers.)
For my dressing I take a couple of fresh
garlic cloves and mash to a paste with some
salt. Then add a bit of mustard, some
balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and salt and
fresh cracked pepper to taste.
These peas, along with a plate of fresh tomatoes,
really mean summer in the South to me. (Well, you can fry up some corn flour-crusted catfish fillets to "kick it up a notch!"
Other messages in this thread:
- 11506. Anybody have Gretchen's rub for her pulled pork? I am finally going to make it... - Music City Missy - 2:46pm on 07/27/08 (16)
- I found this on epi, perhaps this is it.... - Marsha tbay - 3:07pm on 07/27/08
- The brown sugar is a very important ingredient in meat rubs - Kendall - 5:33pm on 07/27/08
- I know she sometimes does just brown sugar and black pepper. I made it this week and used - CynUpstateNY - 3:21pm on 07/27/08
- I saved her recipe at the time, here is what I have as Gretchen's rub... - Curious1 - 3:37pm on 07/27/08
- Thanks everyone - have it going now along with my 1st attempt at Nashville HOT chicken [NT] - Music City Missy - 4:04pm on 07/27/08
- Missy, I bought zipper peas yesterday at a veggie stand. Are they the same as - Curious1 - 5:26pm on 07/27/08
- Questions for any Southern familiar with zipper peas. [NT] - Curious1 - 5:27pm on 07/27/08
- Crowder, cow peas, or cream peas..... - Music City Missy - 6:38pm on 07/27/08
- Exactly what I wanted to know, Thanks so much! Some of these are over ripe, but most aren't. [NT] - Curious1 - 6:52pm on 07/27/08
- PS - 1 cup doesn't sound right, I think the quart is closer to being correct. [NT] - Music City Missy - 6:39pm on 07/27/08
- Curiou1 when I get fresh lady cream peas which are more delicate than crowder.. - MarkinHouston - 11:24pm on 07/27/08
- I thought about making a salad, thanks for the recipe. I sliced tomatoes, onions. & made cornbread. [NT] - Curious1 - 1:01pm on 07/28/08
- Charley, your mail box is full. [NT] - Curious1 - 7:02pm on 07/27/08