Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
ISO: additive to keep bread soft like the bakery breads??
Joined: Jul 17, 2006
Posted to Thread #11511 at 9:21 pm on Jul 27, 2008
Does anyone know what they put in bread that keeps it so soft for days and days??
And I seem to remember some discussion once about adding something to bread to help keep it longer... like lecithin or something?
Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out, but I can usually shut her up with cookies!
Other messages in this thread:
- 11511. ISO: additive to keep bread soft like the bakery breads?? - cheezz - 9:21pm on 07/27/08 (7)
- your freezer. i think that any chemical added to make it soft will just... - rvb - 10:14pm on 07/27/08
- Naw, I just thought it was a teaspoon of something that extended the life.... [NT] - cheezz - 12:10am on 07/28/08
- There are a couple of things that will help... - judy-mass - 7:28am on 07/28/08
- Judy! that's what I was looking for.... when I bake bread it gets hard so fast - cheezz - 1:01am on 07/31/08
- A couple of things I do if I'm looking for softer bread - desertjean - 8:11am on 07/28/08
- Some time ago, in my quest to make a lighter, fluffier and less dense [LINK] - orchid - 9:12am on 07/28/08
- Mashed potatoes, instant potatoes, a couple of tablespoons of oil/fat . . . - mistral - 2:49pm on 07/28/08