Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
???, make them rise or make them lighter.....wow this lot went down so well.....
Joined: Apr 17, 2006
Posted to Thread #11507 at 2:52 pm on Jul 28, 2008
however I prefer my Mum making them, they turn out even better...anything anyone else makes always seems better than mine.
Anyway the one lot that I pressed down on after cooking were more crunchie through out.
The oats I used were old fashioned Quaker and I have to say I do prefer the Jungle oats but that is because I have that cildhood thing about them. My children were over the moon eating these as were the other guests some of whom were also expats.
I suggest using only 1/2 brown sugar and 1/2 white sugar.
I also suggest trying to find non sweetened dessicated coconut.
I suggest using 2 good TBL spoons of syrup.
I suggest not making them thicker than 1/2 of an inch in the pan.
Just spoken to my Mum so see below her version of crunchies again.
Wine does not make you fat, it makes you lean/against walls, tables, chairs, floors and ugly people.
Other messages in this thread:
- 11507. Crunchie update.....I just made 2 81/2 " square tines with another recipe.... - joanietoo - 6:02pm on 07/27/08 (4)
- Thanks very much, Joanie. I get the desiccated coconut at health food stores and Indian stores [NT] - Lana in FL - 1:23am on 07/28/08
- These sound great, Joanie. What does the bi-carb (baking soda) do? [NT] - ErininPrague - 7:41am on 07/28/08
- ???, make them rise or make them lighter.....wow this lot went down so well..... - joanietoo - 2:52pm on 07/28/08
- I think it helps to brown them. I seem to remember this from Cookwise. [NT] - Lana in FL - 12:53am on 07/29/08