Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Thanks everyone. I may even cut it in half and try two of these. There's another plus to FK chats in
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #11492 at 4:57 pm on Jul 28, 2008
that I was able to look up my previous comments about foie gras that I was doing a Wellington with, so I can use those in my efforts as well. I remembered sauteing it lightly but couldn't remember what I had put with it. So here's what I had said 3 years ago......
I made a goof the last time I made it & it turned out better. I was doing the duxelle but when I had chopped the mushrooms and shallots in the Cuisinart, I put the contents into the saute pan and carried on adding the little can of foie gras. I was so annoyed with myself, thinking it will be horrible with FRIED foie. Then I started remembering that my favourite way to eat it is slightly sauteed.
So I carried on gently sauteing the duxelle and foie together. I put it on either side of the meat.
It was actually, the very best I have ever had. No recipe, but it was outstanding.
Other messages in this thread:
- 11492. Stuffed beef tenderloin? I just bought a whole tenderloin & just finished cutting and parcelling it - Marg CDN - 6:02pm on 07/25/08 (6)
- The heck with the pulled pork- I'd like an invite to YOUR house! [NT] - CynUpstateNY - 6:10pm on 07/25/08
- Always go with the foi, always with the foi.....yum, will this be after we've been to Cyns for dinne [NT] - joanietoo - 6:22pm on 07/25/08
- Rec: Roast Beef Tenderloin with Caramelized Onion and Mushroom Stuffing - Michael in Phoenix - 7:45pm on 07/25/08
- stilton is a good choice. [NT] - rvb - 1:40pm on 07/26/08
- Not T&T but great reviews. Lobster-Stuffed Beef Tenderloin with Bearnaise Sauce [NT] [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 2:36pm on 07/26/08
- Thanks everyone. I may even cut it in half and try two of these. There's another plus to FK chats in - Marg CDN - 4:57pm on 07/28/08