Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Women and heart attacks
Joined: Feb 24, 2006
Posted to Thread #11518 at 4:14 pm on Jul 28, 2008
A friend of mine called me today to tell me the symptoms she had just before possibly having attack over the weekend.
She said they went to bed but she couldn’t sleep….so she got up to eat something, thinking it would help but it didn’t. She stayed up and not long after she felt really nauseas and broke out in a sweat.
She took an aspirin to see what that would do, if anything and asked her husband to call 911. She just felt like she would need help.
They took her to the hosp. and found one of her arteries was 95% closed. They told her taking the aspirin was the best thing she did for herself. They transferred her to another hospital to clean out the artery and sent her home.
She is feeling fine today, they told her she could do everything but drive for the week.
She asked me to let everyone know her symptoms because as women we hear that our symptoms are different. She is a non-smoker and non-drinker. My deceased mother in law drank socially, had smoked previously and was a diabetic after age 70…her symptom was pain in the left back shoulder blade; but no one guessed that was a sign until it was too late.
Other messages in this thread:
- 11518. Women and heart attacks - Marsha tbay - 4:14pm on 07/28/08 (6)
- Hmmm, it seems it can come from all angles...we just have to be aware....thanks for posting. [NT] - joanietoo - 4:37pm on 07/28/08
- Thanks for posting Marsha. Always useful to reinforce signs/symptoms...Glad your friend is OK :) [NT] - barb_b - 7:38pm on 08/02/08
- yes, thanks for the heads up! [NT] - cheezz - 11:30pm on 08/02/08
- I think we need to keep reminding. The symptoms seem different for many but they also seem to be - Marg CDN - 10:50am on 08/03/08
- Wow, how many of us do that same thing, (except for the genius asprin! - PatBastrop - 12:46pm on 08/03/08
- Indeed, I've had those same symptoms from blood sugar and allergies to meds [NT] - Marsha tbay - 2:32pm on 08/03/08