Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
I made this last night, and will have it for lunch today.
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #11505 at 7:34 am on Jul 29, 2008
I couldn't let one of "those" recipes go by, once again. I know how it is when you post a recipe that you find so delicious, and no one tries it. I love the threads like that because we always come up with some sleepers. On to the soup...
I tasted it last night and it was very good and surprisingly rich, since I did not add the amount of oil called for. I also added some heatless Anaheim-type chiles to it. I didn't have any sherry vinegar, so I used a combination of balsamic and pesto-flavored rice vinegar. I am going to serve this for lunch today with sandwiches. Roasting the vegetables really gives the soup a rich flavor and texture. Topping with the fresh crunchy vegetables makes these soups. Thanks for posting one more time!
Sometimes you just need to look reality in the eye, and deny it. –Garrison Keillor
Other messages in this thread:
- 11505. Finally a cold soup my husband likes. REC: Mexican Gazpacho - Dawn_MO - 9:56am on 07/27/08 (13)
- P.S. Anymore out there??? I would love some more. Thanks! [NT] - Dawn_MO - 9:56am on 07/27/08
- REC: Blue Cheese-Artichoke Bisque - Dawn_MO - 10:09am on 07/27/08
- REC: Cream of Cucumber Soup. It's really good cold. [NT] [LINK] - Joe - 10:13am on 07/27/08
- Cucumbers have excellent cooling properties...try cuke juice if you ever get a chance. - Glennis_NoCA - 3:37pm on 07/27/08
- Not cold, but I thought of you when I read about the zero point Italian and Mexican soups here. [NT] [LINK] - Curious1 - 11:54am on 07/27/08
- Iced Cantaloupe Soupe with Jalapeno and Basil- haven't tried it but reads delicious! [NT] [LINK] - CynUpstateNY - 5:12pm on 07/27/08
- Rec: Roasted Tomato and Bell Pepper Gazpacho...I have posted this [LINK] - orchid - 3:23pm on 07/27/08
- I'll give this a shot in the next few days. I am getting bushels of Romas! [NT] - Luisa_Calif - 9:11pm on 07/28/08
- WooHoo!!! Please let me know if you do and what you think? [NT] - orchid - 6:49am on 07/29/08
- I made this last night, and will have it for lunch today. - Dawn_MO - 7:34am on 07/29/08
- We loved this cold soup. I served it ladled into pasta bowls and - Dawn_MO - 11:58am on 07/30/08
- I don't have a recipe, but... - Glennis_NoCA - 3:35pm on 07/27/08
- Cold Curried Carrot Soup - Michael in Tampa - 6:39am on 07/29/08