Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Actually, regarding the mojitos...
Joined: Apr 7, 2006
Posted to Thread #11514 at 12:32 pm on Jul 29, 2008
...I got the recipe from Bon Appetit's R.S.V.P. column. We live in the Minneapolis area and visited Sonoma last summer for a short no-kids trip. We had dinner at Girl and the Fig one night and, tired of wine, had the mojitos which were amazing. I asked for the recipe but didn't get it so I wrote to Bon Appetit asking them to try and get it for me and about 9 months later, it arrived in the mail. We have been making them all summer and now all our friends have the recipe as well.
How lucky for you to live up there. I grew up on Coronado island and miss California quite a bit, especially during our Minnesota winters. However, this is a wonderful place to raise kids and very much feels like home.
Other messages in this thread:
- 11514. Update to the Can I make this ahead thread? - Kathleen - 2:26pm on 07/28/08 (8)
- Sounds yummy, Kathleen. And heyyy, I work for Girl and the Fig. Are you in northern california? [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 12:24am on 07/29/08
- Actually, regarding the mojitos... - Kathleen - 12:32pm on 07/29/08
- I've had good luck gaining - Pat-NoCal - 4:46pm on 07/29/08
- Kathleen, may we see the recipe? One can never be too careful about preventing scurvy. [NT] - MarilynFL - 1:32pm on 07/29/08
- [Oh poop...this should have gone under the mojito post.] [NT] - MarilynFL - 1:33pm on 07/29/08
- Lol...try gin and tonic, you can prevent scurvy, leg cramps and UTIs. Now that's multi-purpose. [NT] - Curious1 - 2:26pm on 07/29/08
- Lavender Mojito from Girl and the Fig - Kathleen - 6:24pm on 07/29/08
- Thanks Kathleen! [NT] - MarilynFL - 7:20pm on 07/29/08