Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Gail, I never had fresh grilled tuna steaks until I moved to Florida. It was an epiphany to me...
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #11509 at 4:24 pm on Jul 29, 2008
that tuna could taste that good. I just associated it with what I had grown up with: mushy, canned tuna (fishy oil and water-packed).
For some reason, I never thought there would be that big of a taste difference, unlike realizing that canned chicken would never taste anything like a whole roasted chicken.
I welcome your husband to our "holy leaping marlin, that's good!" club.
Jesus saves. Buddha recycles.
Other messages in this thread:
- 11509. Made Asian tuna steaks today. Looking for some more tuna recipes. DH is not big fish eater but he - GailNJ - 8:03pm on 07/27/08 (38)
- Two from my files that sound good (haven't tried them): [NT] - Meryl - 9:40pm on 07/27/08
- Spicy Grilled Tuna with Heirloom Tomato Salsa - Rick Bayless - Meryl - 9:41pm on 07/27/08
- This one was posted by our very own Gay R - Grilled Tuna Steaks - Meryl - 9:42pm on 07/27/08
- Saw this on Epicurious - think I'll try it with salmon: Tuna Kebabs With Ginger-Chile Marinade [LINK] - Meryl - 10:52pm on 07/27/08
- Have done this and it was delicious! Did separate skewers of veggies. A definite make-again. [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 12:47am on 07/28/08
- Thanks, Pat - will have to try it! [NT] - Meryl - 1:48am on 07/28/08
- One of the most delicious things I've ever eaten, Epi's Seared Tuna with Ginger Shiitake Cream... [LINK] - ValinFL - 11:45pm on 07/27/08
- Val, I drooled over and printed this one a few years ago. I'm drooling again! [NT] - Sandy_in_Philly - 2:13am on 07/28/08
- Rec: Tuna Steak Diane by Susan/Kentfield - Pat-NoCal - 12:48am on 07/28/08
- Rec: Tuna Steaks with Garlic, Tomato, Capers and Basil. Really good and so summery. [NT] [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 12:51am on 07/28/08
- Rec: Pan-Seared Tuna with Ginger, Miso and Cilantro Sauce [NT] [LINK] [IMAGE] - Sandy_in_Philly - 2:07am on 07/28/08
- Rec: Blackened Ahi with Soy-Mustard Sauce [NT] [LINK] - Sandy_in_Philly - 2:09am on 07/28/08
- Rec: Peppered Tuna Skewers with Wasabi Mayonnaise (pan seared) [NT] [LINK] - Sandy_in_Philly - 2:10am on 07/28/08
- GailNJ, This is excellent.. ..Jacques Pepin Slow Cooked Tuna Steaks w/Tomato Relish..Cooked on > [LINK] - GayR - 12:16pm on 07/28/08
- Gail, this Fish Baste from T&T has never failed (works with shrimp also) [LINK] - MarilynFL - 12:50pm on 07/28/08
- I'm only seeing 1/4 cup of butter, Mar. That's well within my healthy limit. ;> [NT] - Michael in Phoenix - 6:06pm on 07/28/08
- Good catch, Michael. I wonder how much I've been using! [NT] - MarilynFL - 7:28pm on 07/28/08
- Thanks all for the recipes. I have all the ingredients for Marilyn's Fish Baste so I'm going to give - GailNJ - 7:11pm on 07/28/08
- Original was posted over at Gail's by Janet in NJ as "Jimmy Williams Fish Baste" [NT] - MarilynFL - 7:31pm on 07/28/08
- Made with real Jimmy Williams? - Michael in Phoenix - 7:47pm on 07/28/08
- Only the tasty parts. [NT] - MarilynFL - 5:57pm on 07/29/08
- Here's one for your leftover tuna: Tuscan tuna and white bean salad. posted by Barbara [NT] [LINK] - AngAk - 10:03pm on 07/28/08
- Marilyn tuna was fabulous! I served it with bruschetta with tomatoes from the garden and - GailNJ - 10:27pm on 07/28/08
- I say tomatoes you say tomatos! [NT] - GailNJ - 10:29pm on 07/28/08
- Let's call former VP Dan Quayle and see what he says. [NT] - MarilynFL - 1:54am on 07/29/08
- He's still alive? - Luisa_Calif - 1:59am on 07/29/08
- No, that was... - Michael in Phoenix - 3:29am on 07/29/08
- Now you two behave or I'll have to chad you. [NT] - MarilynFL - 12:58pm on 07/29/08
- Eek! It's the Florida Girl. We'd better watch our P's & Q's! [NT] - Luisa_Calif - 7:49pm on 07/29/08
- Gail, I never had fresh grilled tuna steaks until I moved to Florida. It was an epiphany to me... - MarilynFL - 4:24pm on 07/29/08
- Speaking of mushy canned tuna, I accidentally picked up a can of water packed - Pat-NoCal - 4:55pm on 07/29/08
- I was extremely happy when I bought canned tuna from Rollin Oats (whole foods store) - Marsha tbay - 5:02pm on 07/29/08
- Ya'll should remember Dawn's comment: tuna is processed IN the can, so the bigger - MarilynFL - 5:22pm on 07/29/08
- I agree M, the fresh tuna steaks are far superior. [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 6:06pm on 07/29/08
- Thanks Marsha, I usually do buy albacore or solid white tuna..just grabbed a can of musy tuna by - Pat-NoCal - 6:05pm on 07/29/08
- musy = mushy [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 6:05pm on 07/29/08
- Here's the brand I buy at Rollin Oats...It's called Crown Prince Solid White Albacore Tuna - Marsha tbay - 9:08pm on 07/31/08
- And then there is Venestra Tuna--check it out--but who can afford this stuff? [NT] [LINK] - charlie - 10:46pm on 07/29/08