Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Lavender Mojito from Girl and the Fig
Joined: Apr 7, 2006
Posted to Thread #11514 at 2:24 pm on Jul 29, 2008
Girl and the Fig
9 ounces light rum
3 ounces Lavender-Rose Water simple syrup
Juice of 6 limes
1/2 bunch fresh mint leaves
Splash of soda water
Lavender sugar (to rim glass)
Lime wedges for garnish
Place mint leaves, fresh lime juice and lavendar-rose water syrup in a pitcher and muddle well so that the leaves are curshed and the mint oil releases into the liquid. Add the rum and stir together well. In a tall glass, rub the rim with a lime and then the lavender sugar. Fill the glass with ice, pour the rum mixture into the glass and top off with a splash of soda water. Garnish with a wedge of lime.
Lavender/Rose Water Simple Syrup
1 cup water
1 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon English Lavendar
1/2 ounce rose water
In a small pot, combine water and sugar and boil until sugar dissolves. Turn off heat and add lavender and let steep for 10 minutes. Strain to remove lavender leaves. Add the rose water and let cool.
1/2 cup superfine sugar
1/4 cup English lavender
Place lavender and sugar in a coffee grinder and grind to a fine dust.
Other messages in this thread:
- 11514. Update to the Can I make this ahead thread? - Kathleen - 10:26am on 07/28/08 (8)
- Sounds yummy, Kathleen. And heyyy, I work for Girl and the Fig. Are you in northern california? [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 8:24pm on 07/28/08
- Actually, regarding the mojitos... - Kathleen - 8:32am on 07/29/08
- I've had good luck gaining - Pat-NoCal - 12:46pm on 07/29/08
- Kathleen, may we see the recipe? One can never be too careful about preventing scurvy. [NT] - MarilynFL - 9:32am on 07/29/08
- [Oh poop...this should have gone under the mojito post.] [NT] - MarilynFL - 9:33am on 07/29/08
- Lol...try gin and tonic, you can prevent scurvy, leg cramps and UTIs. Now that's multi-purpose. [NT] - Curious1 - 10:26am on 07/29/08
- Lavender Mojito from Girl and the Fig - Kathleen - 2:24pm on 07/29/08
- Thanks Kathleen! [NT] - MarilynFL - 3:20pm on 07/29/08