Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Follow up to the above posts about Ike. What's in your hurricane/earthquake/blizzard kit?
Joined: Feb 14, 2006
Posted to Thread #12018 at 10:34 am on Sep 20, 2008
We had a hurricane kit in NC, here in CA we call it an earthquake kit. Ours includes:
battery operated radio
5-gallon collapsible water jugs
a couple of single use grills
canned tuna &chicken
fast food packets (catsup, taco sauce, mayo)
jars of cheese food product
Pet food and treats
Edit: I Should have mentioned, we have a small fire proof file box that we keep hubby's military records, mortgage & insurance papers, birth certificates, SS's baby book and our social security cards. We also have pet carriers for each of the cats.
Would you believe, we went through seven hurricanes and the only time we've ever been told to evacuate was when a construction crew (not one of mine) ruptured a gas line. By the time hubby (I was at work) got all the animals into his truck and ready to go they had it secured and stopped the evacuation.
Other messages in this thread:
- 12018. Follow up to the above posts about Ike. What's in your hurricane/earthquake/blizzard kit? - desertjean - 10:34am on 09/20/08 (7)
- add to the above: plenty of wine, a full tank of gas for the car and the grill....... - Janet in NC - 12:47pm on 09/20/08
- This is what I have created for myself and to share - Marsha tbay - 5:40pm on 09/20/08
- For your unresolved issue on how to stay cool - Lana in FL - 6:25pm on 09/20/08
- Marsha, your list is impressive, but I am curious. Is this list items that you would take in your - KarenNoCA - 7:53pm on 09/20/08
- Karen, we have a large assortment of a variety of sizes and shapes of bags. You can store these - Marsha tbay - 12:24pm on 09/21/08
- We keep "the black bag" which the kids have always known about... - PatBastrop - 12:23am on 09/21/08
- P.S. Be sure to check expiration dates. I just did and had to toss stuff from 06. [NT] - desertjean - 5:06pm on 09/21/08