Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Thanks Deb! I had a ball. I miss cooking for people, other than my family.
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #12436 at 3:31 pm on Oct 30, 2008
I just had a call from the secretary at school, and she asked me if rather than buying a token hospitality gift each month for the teachers and staff, if I would like to start making a lunch for them once a month. I jumped at the chance. It's hard finding 37 gifts each month with a budget of $500. So now I will have a budget of $70/month to feed about 40 people. That is a lot more fun than buying gifts!
Sometimes you just need to look reality in the eye, and deny it. –Garrison Keillor
Other messages in this thread:
- 12436. I took the plunge and did desserts yesterday for the PTO teacher meals. - Dawn_MO - 2:34pm on 10/30/08 (7)
- Wow - that was one lucky group of teachers! [NT] - deb-in-MI - 2:56pm on 10/30/08
- Thanks Deb! I had a ball. I miss cooking for people, other than my family. - Dawn_MO - 3:31pm on 10/30/08
- wonderful! I would really enjoy that challenge----just once a month : ) rec: - AngAk - 5:38pm on 10/30/08
- Well done, Dawn. I'd say it's a splendid upgrade from Fresh Apple Ver 1.0 [NT] - MarilynFL - 5:23pm on 10/30/08
- What a nice thing to do for the teachers! I am sure they were very appreciative! I give you an A++ [NT] - barb_b - 6:00pm on 10/30/08
- What a wonderful spread 4 those teachers--your recipes all sound delicious! [NT] - wigs - 6:09pm on 10/31/08
- Thanks everyone! - Dawn_MO - 10:29pm on 10/31/08