Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
I have! My grandparents are from Latzio-just south of Rome and they make..
Joined: Dec 16, 2005
Posted to Thread #12454 at 6:22 pm on Oct 31, 2008
these sorts of "pies".
I just saw a similar one made on TV (Lidia I think) made with escarole and all of your other ingredients.
We also made a similar two crust "pizza" with spinach boiled, squeezed and sauteed with garlic as a filling. Depending on preferences, some added hot pepper flakes, and/or a few raisins--sounds wierd, but is delicious.
Other messages in this thread:
- 12454. Hi, Dianncy1964, Here's the Spinach Pie you asked me to post>>> - aajay - 5:27pm on 10/31/08 (10)
- THANK YOU SO MUCH~ I already have this now planned for my Thanksgiving menu ~ most appreciated :) [NT] - dianncy1964 - 6:00pm on 10/31/08
- I have! My grandparents are from Latzio-just south of Rome and they make.. - charlie - 6:22pm on 10/31/08
- So sweet of you to honor your mother, I will doubly enjoy this recipe aajay~ Here's to your mom !!!! [NT] - dianncy1964 - 6:36pm on 10/31/08
- Another variation--REC: Fried Stuffed Britches---Cazuncielli... - charlie - 7:49pm on 10/31/08
- REC: Torta Verde...Colman Andrews/Flavors of the Riviera... - charlie - 7:55pm on 10/31/08
- I'm on a "roll"---REC: Pizza di Scarola with Gaeta Olives & Caciocavallo... - charlie - 7:57pm on 10/31/08
- REC: Focaccia all Barese (Christmas Eve Onion Pie from Bari)... - charlie - 8:00pm on 10/31/08
- That's an interesting assortment of similar dishes. Mom did cook - aajay - 8:10pm on 10/31/08
- It doesn't go over well with my wife's family from Sorrento--I love the combination [NT] - charlie - 10:37pm on 10/31/08
- A friend's family from Bari make whitefish pie (torte)--they flour and fry whole.. - charlie - 10:42pm on 10/31/08