Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Hot Peach and Ginger Grilling Sauce for Chicken or Pork
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #69 at 3:43 pm on Sep 1, 2007
** Hot Peach and Ginger Grilling Sauce **
I don't recall who originally posted this at Gail's (it was me - Deb-in-MI; the recipe came from my manager:), but it's a keeper recommended by many of the old timers over the years. :) My favorite for grilling all year long, this marinade is a definite winner!
1-2 batches marinade
time to make 5 min 5 min prep
1 cup peach jam
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup dry wine
1/4 cup green onions, minced
10 garlic cloves, minced
4 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
1/4 tablespoon lemon juice
2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
1. Mince the green onions, garlic, and ginger - this takes me about 5 minutes, but "your mileage may vary".
2. In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well.
3. Refrigerate until ready to use.
4. Use as a baste for pork or chicken.
5. This marinade is a definite winner!
6. I originally picked up the recipe at Gail's Recipe Swap, where everybody was raving about it. It's extremely versatile - some folks used it on beef, some on pork, and I've tried it on salmon steaks. It's wonderful on all of them!
7. Note: you can also substitute ingredients, such as apricot for the peach; I've also added a heaping tablespoon full of lemon curd to the recipe, since it was sitting out on the counter at the time.
Other messages in this thread:
- 69. Hot Peach and Ginger Grilling Sauce for Chicken or Pork [LINK] - deb-in-MI - 3:43pm on 09/01/07 (0)