Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Streusel Topped Triple Berry Coffee Cake
Joined: Dec 19, 2005
Posted to Thread #67 at 1:45 am on Jun 25, 2007
This is lusciously delicious! Great on its own or with vanilla ice cream. Serve warm or at room temperature.
STREUSEL TOPPED TRIPLE BERRY COFFEE CAKE
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar (I used 2/3 cup sugar)
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup milk (I used lowfat milk)
2 cups berries (blueberries, blackberries, raspberries; fresh or frozen) (First two times I used 1 cup fresh blueberries and 1 cup fresh raspberries, tossed with 1 Tbsp sugar just before adding to batter, since the raspberries were a little too tart. Third time I used frozen blueberries and raspberries, unthawed, also tossed with 1 Tbsp sugar just before adding).
3/4 teaspoon vanilla (I used 1 tsp vanilla extract)
1 dash cinnamon, generous
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed (I used 7 Tbsp dark brown sugar)
3 tablespoons flour
3 teaspoons cinnamon (1 Tbsp)
1/4 cup nuts, finely chopped [From the poster: "I use walnuts or pecans]" (I omitted the nuts)
3 tablespoons butter, melted (I used cold butter, cut in pieces)
*(Preheat oven to 375 F).
1. In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder and cinnamon.
2. In a small bowl, mix egg, melted butter, milk and vanilla.
3. Stir liquids into dry ingredients just till blended.
4. In a buttered 9 inch square pan, spread half of dough. (I used an 8-inch square pan).
5. Top with berry mixture and spoon remaining dough over berries.
6. In a separate bowl combine brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and nuts.
7. Stir in melted butter until mixture resembles moist crumbs. (I cut in the cold butter)
8. Sprinkle this over top of dough and press in lightly.
9. Bake in a 375 degree oven (about) 40 minutes until topping is golden brown.
From Michelle Shipley - Recipezaar
A balanced diet is equal parts of milk and dark chocolate.
Other messages in this thread:
- 67. Streusel Topped Triple Berry Coffee Cake [LINK] - Meryl - 1:45am on 06/25/07 (0)